Senior Product Designer
Intuit · Mountain View, CA · October 2017 – Present
Senior Product Designer
GE Digital · San Ramon, CA · May 2015 – September 2017
- Lead user research, synthesis, design strategy, and interaction design for multiple Industrial Internet experiences.
- Drive cross functional alignment by using design thinking methods to reframe problems and unravel complexity in the midst of ambiguity. Deliver designs and collaborate with engineers to ship products on schedule.
- Influence Product Managers and Engineers to focus on building and delivering features that add customer value.
- Acquired in-depth knowledge across four distinct domains to create better customer experiences.
Lead Interaction Designer
InsideView · San Francisco, CA · July 2012 – May 2015
- Led the design for two new products: OEM with Microsoft and InsideView for Marketing. Collaborated with PM to define product strategy and requirements that met business goals. Partnered with engineers to ensure a high quality user experience is delivered.
- Iteratively improved the UX of the flagship sales product by conducting user research, driving usability fixes, and creating designs that increased engagement and adoption.
- Built trust with Product Managers and Engineers by communicating how design decisions provide business value.
- Transformed the requirements and design process across a distributed agile team, which improved efficiency, collaboration, and communication.
Interaction + Visual Design Intern
Autodesk · San Francisco, CA · November 2010 – August 2011
- Redesigned the interaction and visual design of AutoCAD’s palette framework system to create a more elegant and flexible user experience. Created user stories and scenarios. Iterated on the design based on user feedback.
- Worked closely with interaction designers in an agile development cycle to modernize the visual design of AutoCAD’s user interface.
- Created detailed design specifications to communicate requirements to distributed teams.
7 years experience as an Art Director and Graphic Designer in a previous life. Full resume is available on LinkedIn.
DESIGN & RESEARCH
User Research and Synthesis
Adobe Creative Cloud
University of California, Berkeley
MIMS in User Experience and HCI, May 2012
Dr. James R. Chen Award for Outstanding Master's Final Project
Management of Technology Certificate
Haas@Work project for Del Monte
Washington University in St. Louis
BFA in Visual Communications: Graphic Design, May 2003
Jayne Ball Rousseau Memorial Prize in Graphic Communication